Jason Hanna is an Attorney at Bibby, McWilliams & Kearney, PLLC. Jason practices in estate planning, trust administration, probate, and elder law, advising clients on how to protect and transfer wealth to successive generations, to include assistance in restructuring estates to obtain eligibility for long-term care Medicaid programs.
A native of Galveston, Texas, Jason now resides in The Woodlands with his wife and three kids. Jason proudly served his nation with distinction in Afghanistan in 2005 and 2006. After his military career in the U.S. Air Force, Jason worked as civil engineering designer out of Austin, Texas, while finishing his Bachelor’s degree from Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas. He graduated summa cum laude from Texas State University and magna cum laude from South Texas College of Law.
As well as participating on the South Texas Law Review, while in law school, he was an award-winning advocate for the South Texas College of Law’s nationally renowned advocacy program, arguing on mediation, arbitration, and moot court teams. Jason interned in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas, the Court of Appeals for the First District of Texas, and the Hays County District Attorney’s Office. He has assisted clients in personal injury, contract disputes, multi-district pharmaceutical litigation, civil rights claims, insurance defense, probate, estate planning, and elder law. With the values and principles learned in his military career—integrity, service before self, and the pursuit of excellence—Jason continues to serve his community by helping families with the difficult situations and decisions they face when planning their estate or planning for a loved one’s long term care.
Mr. Hanna is licensed to practice law in Texas and is based in the Houston, Texas, office of Bibby, McWilliams & Kearney.
- The Estes Law Firm: Civil Litigation
- The Bond Law Firm: Estate Planning, Probate, Elder Law, Business Formation, Contract Drafting
- Blizzard, McCarthy & Nabors: Law Clerk
- Roberts Markel Weinberg Butler Hailey PC: Law Clerk
- Baker Hughes: Law Clerk
Admissions to Practice:
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Texas National Association of Elder Law Attorneys
- Texas Bar Association, Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section
- American Legion
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- J.D., 2014, South Texas College of Law
- Magna cum laude
- South Texas Law Review: Publication: Brooks v. State, the Standard Was Raised, but the Bar Was Lowered: If Texas Appellate Courts Cannot Protect the Accused, Who Will?, 55 S. Tex. L. Rev. 373 (Winter 2013).
- B.S. Applied Sociology, 2011, Texas State University
- Summa Cum Laude
- A.A.S., 2007, U.S. Air Force, Birmingham, AL