Daniel Kennedy is a business and commercial transactions attorney. His background in engineering, business, and law allows him to tackle your most complex transactions, particularly in oil and gas or intellectual property matters.
His energy experience covers the full value chain of oil and gas,including title matters, joint venture and drilling agreements, midstream and commercial agreements, and EPC contracts.
Dan received his masters in chemical engineering from Auburn and law degree from Baylor. Early in his career, he worked closely with small business, universities, and government institutions to help commercially develop high-tech filters and catalysts with alternative energy, commercial, or residential applications. With this experience and exposure to the commercialization and regulatory aspects of chemical engineering, Dan followed that path into law school, where he excelled at breaking down complex technological or legal concepts in a way that people with diverse backgrounds can understand.
He works with small businesses, exploration & production companies, midstream oil & gas companies, and can handle a number of other concerns including international and entertainment law. Daniel Kennedy is licensed to practice law in Texas, the US Eastern District of Texas, and before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. He is based in the Houston, Texas, office for Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC.
- ConocoPhillips Company: Gathering and Processing, Commercial, Joint Operating, Joint Development agreements
- Kinder Morgan, formerly the El Paso Corporation: Environmental Remediation Engineering, Procurement and Construction, Specialized Equipment, Service Agreements
Admissions to Practice:
- Engineers Without Borders: Central Houston (Vice President and former President)
- Houston Technology Center: Energy Champion
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association