Lauren Thompson is an Attorney at Bibby, McWilliams and Kearney, PLLC, practicing in Oil & Gas. During law school, Lauren focused on the transactional and regulatory issues surrounding the development of natural resources and power generation and transport. After law school, she has gained experience in various oil and gas issues, working as an Independent Landman and assisting litigators with complex cases hinging on factors such as title, deficiencies in leases, and interpretations of COGCC rules and regulations.
Prior to attending law school, Lauren lived and worked in Moscow, Russia, as a teacher and editor for the country’s major business news publication. In addition to her work after law school, Lauren has operated a small telecommunications company based in Santa Fe, New Mexico, since February 2015.
Lauren is licensed to practice law in Colorado. She is based in the Denver office for Bibby, McWilliams & Kearney, PLLC.
- Astrella Law, PC: Clerk, Investigator
- Ironhorse Resources: Independent Landman
Admissions to Practice:
- J.D., 2013, University of Colorado Law
- Authored sections covering vulnerability of high-voltage transformers to Geomagnetic disturbances in a comment filed for FERC GMD Rulemaking RM12-22
- B.A., Political Science, International Studies, Psychology, 2007, Northwestern University
- Ski Team (2003-2007)
- Researcher for the Family Institute (2006-2007)