Ryan Brooks is an oil & gas title attorney at Bibby, McWilliams & Kearney, PLLC. Ryan joins the firm with 7 years of prior oil and gas experience with both land service brokers and E & P companies as a field landman, company landman, and oil & gas title attorney working primarily in the Fort Worth Basin (Barnett Shale), W. Gulf Coast Basin (South Texas - Vicksburg, Wilcox, Lobo, Austin Chalk, Eagle Ford), and Arkoma Basin (Fayetteville Shale). Ryan achieved the designation of Certified Professional Landman (CPL) by the American Association of Professional Landmen.
In addition to filling the traditional roles of field and company landman, Ryan participated in pipeline right-of-way, surface use lease/license, salt water disposal lease, and oil and gas lease negotiations on behalf of the surface and mineral owner. Also, as a member of the legal department of a real estate development company, Ryan participated in the acquisition and divestiture of commercial real estate properties and drafted lease agreements for industrial and retail commercial property.
Ryan is licensed to practice law Texas and is based in the Houston, Texas, office for Bibby, McWilliams & Kearney, PLLC.
- Killam Companies - Killam Oil Co., Ltd., Killam Development, Ltd., Killam Ranch Properties, Ltd.: Attorney & Landman, Acquisition & Divestiture of Mineral Rights, Oil and Gas Leasing, Title Research & Examination, Commercial Real Estate Acquisitions and Leasing, Surface Use Negotiations
- Law Office of Grayson L. Davis: Law Clerk, Title Opinions
- Carla Petroleum, Inc.: Landman, Title Abstracting, Drafting of Title Runsheets and Mineral Ownership Reports, Curative, Oil & Gas Mineral Leasing
Admissions to Practice:
- Texas Bar Association
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- Houston Association of Professional Landmen
- West Houston Association of Professional Landmen